Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our Story!!

This is the Story of how God has weaved us into the McKee Zoo!!

Our Family story begins in March of 1997 when Kris and I (Brandee) met. We met at the Bowling Alley in Linton which is kind of strange but we were both there visiting our mothers whom both bowled on a league at the time. We were both sophomores in high school. We dated all through high school and through college. We not only grew to love each other very much, but we also became each others bestfriend. While in college on October 13, 2000 Kris proposed and I accepted. The wedding was then on June 8, 2002.

Our life has been pretty much a roller coaster ride since then with all it's ups and downs. But God is great and blesses us everyday. I found out I was pregnant in July 2002 and then had a miscarriage in August 2002, this was a very hard and depressing time for us. But as God always does he took care of us and I became pregnant with Eben Michael McKee "Our Little Man", Ben as we call him was born via c-section (the little man was breach and would not turn around) on Sunday, June 26th, 2003, weighing 8 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long. Ben has brought so much joy to our lives, he is wonderful. Ben was diagnosed with having a rare tumor behind his left eye in early September 2002, he at such a young age had eye surgery to remove the tumor and boy is that kid a trooper. He did so well, and healed so fast he is such an inspiration to us.

I then found out I was pregnant again in November of 2002,which was very overwhelming, but also a blessing. With me being pregnant again life was very interesting in the McKee house. I was sick everyday, Kris was busy working and worry as he always does about money and how we were gonna make it with two kids.

Then in January 2003 we were told by the Doctor that Ben's tumor was growing back, so Ben had to have a port placed in his chest which was another surgery that he went through wonderfully, and was started on chemotherapy that would stop the tumor from growing. Ben was so strong through all of this which made our family bond and become stronger. Ben was on the Chemo for 6 months and did great he never even lost his hair.

In July of 2003 we were blessed with our little spitfire Sarah Abigayle McKee "Abby", Abby was born July 12, 2003, weighing 8 lbs, 5 oz. and 20 inches long. Abby is so full of life and to this day we believe that God blessed us with our little suprise pregnancy to let us know that we could have a perfectly healthy child. Prior to becoming pregnant with Abby, Kris and I had discussed not having anymore children and now we could not imagine life without our Girls!!

Yes, I said Girls! In the fall of 2005 I became pregnant again and in December via ultrasound we found out we were having twins and we will not tell you what Kris said to the ultrasound tech. The pregnancy went great with no complication, and on June 26, 2006 Addisyn Jo McKee and Alyvia Jean McKee were born weighing 5lbs 12 oz and 5 lbs 14 oz, and both were 18 inches long, they were both healthy and did great. They are the lights of our lives and have brought so much joy and excitment to our lives. They are certainly a handful, but that's what you get when you get the TWO for ONE deal, Right!!

God has certainly blessed us with four wonderful child that show us love everyday. They are all so full of life and love. Kris and I have been through alot during our time together, we have grown very close, and believe that our families are our Rocks! We have a wonderful support system and we do not know what we would do without our parents! We have both grown so much since we met, Kris is a wonderful husband, father, and friend and I hope that he would tell you the same about me expect for wife and mother of course.

We are now a crazy family of 6 that has lots of fun and excitement in our little house, but God works in mysterious ways and has certainly weaved us into a very strong family. Kris and I both work very hard to make our lives work. One of our favorite Bible verses is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13, and we truly believe that we can do anything with the help of God our lord and saviour. Our house is a Zoo at times thus our blog title, but it is a wonderful Zoo!, and we would not change for the world.

2 comments:

rhonda said...

Hello Brandee I want to thank you for this blog. This is a great place to see the family, I miss you all so much and as the days go by I sometimes get sad and miss home, so I will go to the blog and smile one more day! I then know it will only be a little longer till I see my beautiful nephew and nieces again!!I miss you all so much and this helps me alot. Love always aunt Rhonda

Unknown said...

Hey Brandee. I was just checking in on the recent updates, and I noticed there aren't too many, but I hope everything is going well for you! School is really stressful this year, but I'm getting through it. I'm just going to be needing a lot of prayer for the rest of the semester!! (oh heck I'm always needing prayer, so don't take me off your list! haha) I saw pictures of your family on the Daily World website, and you all looked so cute! Miss you a ton.
Love, Tori